Z is the last letter of the alphabet, and it’s often seen as being final or definitive in some way.
But there’s something about the letter Z that feels a bit more playful than that. Maybe it’s the way it looks, like a zigzag or a jagged line. Or maybe it’s because it’s such a rare letter, appearing less often than any other in the English language. Whatever the reason, z seems like a fun, positive letter to me.
There are all sorts of words that start with z, from “zippy” and “zigzag” to “zen” and “zero.” And there are plenty of interesting words that end with z too, however today we’ve got a list of positive words that start with Z and their definitions for you:
Positive Words That Start With Z
- Zany – (noun) a crazy or eccentric person; (adjective) playful or humorous in a crazy or exaggerated way.
- Zazzy – (adjective) very bright and colorful
- Zeal: great energy, dedication, or enthusiasm.
- Zealot – (noun) a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their beliefs
- Zealotry – (noun) excessive enthusiasm or dedication to something; fanatical devotion to a
- Zealous: eager and enthusiastic.
- Zen – (noun) a state of focus, tranquility, and clarity that can be achieved through meditation and other mindfulness practices; (adjective) relating to or suggestive of Zen Buddhism.
- Zenful – (adjective) achieving a state of Zen or having qualities associated with Zen Buddhism, such as simplicity, tranquility, and focus.
- Zenith – (noun) the highest point, level, or degree that can be.
- Zephyr – (noun) a gentle breeze; (adjective) of or relating to the west wind.
- Zero – (noun) the point from which a scale, such as temperature, is measured and from which positive or negative numbers indicate increase or decrease; (verb) to adjust (a measuring
- device) so that it registers zero.
- Zest – (noun) the peel of a citrus fruit used as flavoring; (verb) to rub the peel of a citrus fruit on something in order to add its flavor; (noun) great enthusiasm or enjoyment.
- Zestful: full of enthusiasm and energy.
- Zestfully – (adverb) in a zestful manner; with great enthusiasm and energy.
- Zesty – (adjective) full of strong or exciting flavors; (adjective) vigorous and enthusiastic.
- Zigzag – (noun) a series of sharp turns or angles in alternate directions; (verb) to move or cause to move in a series of sharp turns or angles; (adjective) having a series of sharp turns or
- Zing – (noun) a sudden burst of energy, enthusiasm, or excitement; (verb) to move or cause to move suddenly and energetically.
- Zinger – (noun) a remark or joke that is amusing and often surprising or critical.
- Zip – (noun) quick and energetic movement or activity; (verb) to move quickly and energetically.
- Zipper – (noun) a device consisting of two rows of teeth on opposite edges of a strip of fabric or plastic, used for fastening clothing or other items by drawing the rows together.
- Zippy – (adjective) moving or able to move quickly and energetically; (noun) a small car that is designed for quick and efficient city driving.
- Zirconia – (noun) a hard, glittering, colorless or yellowish-brown mineral that is used as a gemstone and in making ceramic materials.
- Zonary – (adjective) relating to or arranged in zones or rings.
- Zone – (noun) an area or region with defined boundaries within which particular conditions obtain; (verb) to divide an area or region into separate zones.
- Zoning – (noun) the process or act of dividing an area or region into separate zones.
- Zonked – (adjective) exhausted, sleepy, physically or mentally tired.
- Zoom – (verb) to move suddenly and rapidly toward or away from someone or something.
- Zootomy – (noun) the dissection of animals, especially for veterinary purposes.
- Zootrophic – (adjective) relating to or providing nourishment for animals.
- Zowie – (interjection) used to express surprise, excitement, or admiration; (adjective) very impressive or attractive.
For more lists of positive words, be sure to check out:
- Positive Words That Start With A (With Definitions)
- Positive Words That Start With B – (With Definitions)
- Positive Words That Start With E – (With Definitions)
- Positive Adjectives That Start With N : Positive N Words & Definitions
- Positive Adjectives That Start With P : Positive P Words & Definitions