Love is a word that has many meanings and interpretations. Everyone feels love differently, but we all know when we feel it. In this post, we share with you more than 100 words and phrases that can help describe the feelings of love.
Whether you are in a new relationship or have been married for twenty years, there will be something here for everyone.
Words to Describe Feelings of Love
Words to describe feelings of love are a little bit different for everyone, and in different situations and past experiences. Love is an emotion that we all experience, and it impacts us in many ways.
List of words that can also describe feelings of love:
Ways to Express Feelings of Love
Expressing love is actually more about actions rather than words. For what we all do repeatedly shows our true feelings and intentions. The best way to express feelings of love may include:
- Showing appreciation for your loved one – through comments of thanks and gratitude, written texts and words.
- Wanting the very best for your loved one – are you being their cheerleader in life?
- Listening to them and their problems, concerns, dreams and aspirations.
- Being there in the good and bad times,
- Having ‘their back’ – do you present as a ‘team’ rather than individuals?
- Making the grand gestures (flowers, concert tickets) and the small and just as meaningful everyday gestures (a cup of tea, getting their favorite chocolate etc).
Quotes To Describe Feelings of Love
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. (I Corinthians 13)
“To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” David Viscott
“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” Sophocles
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” Robert A. Heinlein
“Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” Franklin P. Jones
“Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.” Leo Buscaglia
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” A. A. Milne
“All you need is love.” Paul McCartney
“Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” Khalil Gibran
“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” Audrey Hepburn
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” Lao Tzu
“We must be our own before we can be another’s.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
“You call it madness, but I call it love.” Don Byas
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.
What Is The Most Romantic Word?
It’s no surprise that a French word is repeatedly voted the most romantic word in the world; ‘amour.’
However, amour is simply French for ‘love’.
If you’re looking for more inspirational words and positive quotes about love and happiness, be sure to check out:
- 350+ Positive Words to Describe Someone
- 50+ Words of Encouragement (For Strength in Hard Times)
- 175+ Big Words To Describe Someone
- Meaningful 4 Letter Words
- Encouraging Words List: 200+ Single Words That Can Provide Support & Hope
- Deep Love Quotes To Express How You Truly Feel
- 40 Quotes About Happiness & Love That Will Make You Smile
Sunday 8th of May 2022
As a graduate student at Liberty University, I was given this definition of love: "putting the welfare of another person ahead of your own."