When we talk about funny people, we usually think of comedic geniuses like Robin Williams and Will Ferrell.
But the truth is, being funny is something that all people can practice. You don’t have to be famous or wealthy to be someone who makes other people laugh – you just have to find your own sense of humor.
While words like “funny” and “hilarious” are great adjectives to describe someone who makes others laugh, there are plenty of other ways that you could express your appreciation for that special friend or loved one.
How do you describe a fun person?
We can describe a funny person as someone who:
● is lighthearted and energetic,
● makes jokes,
● tells self-deprecating stories with a comical undertone.
Several words you could use to describe a funny person include: silly, jocular, playful, and wacky.
For an epic list of 125+ (still growing) funny words to describe someone (or yourself), then check out the following:
Funny Words To Describe Someone
- Absurd: someone who has a great sense of humor and often says or does things that are so strange or ridiculous that they make others laugh.
- Actor: someone who is very expressive, dramatic, or over-the-top in their mannerisms or personality, often to humorous effect.
- Adventurous: someone who is always up for trying new things, even if they seem risky or unusual, and often finds humor in unexpected situations and misadventures.
- Affable: someone who is easy to get along with and has a warm, friendly demeanor that makes others feel comfortable and at ease.
- Agreeable: someone who is good-natured and willing to go along with others’ plans or ideas, even if they may seem a bit silly or unconventional.
- Amusing: someone who has a great sense of humor and is always making others laugh with their witty remarks, funny stories, or silly antics.
- Animated: someone who is full of energy, enthusiasm, or liveliness, and whose lively personality and exaggerated gestures often result in humorous situations.
- Annoying: someone who has a tendency to get on others’ nerves, but whose antics or quirks are so funny or entertaining that they end up being more endearing than aggravating.
- Banterer: someone who is quick-witted and enjoys exchanging witty remarks or teasing comments with others, often resulting in good-natured laughter and humor.
- Brave: someone who is willing to face their fears or take risks, even if it means putting themselves in a funny or embarrassing situation.
- Brazen: someone who is shameless or bold in their actions or behavior, often resulting in humorous or unexpected outcomes.
- Buffoon: someone who is silly, clownish, or foolish in their mannerisms or behavior, often with the intention of making others laugh.
- Busy bee: someone who is always busy and on-the-go and/or is always up in people’s business.
- Character: someone who is quirky or unusual in a way that makes them stand out and can be quite amusing to others.
- Charmed: someone who has a natural ability to make others feel comfortable and at ease, often with a lighthearted and humorous demeanor.
- Charming: someone who has a magnetic personality and a way of making others feel happy or delighted, often through their wit or sense of humor.
- Cheesy: someone who has a corny or over-the-top sense of humor, often relying on puns, wordplay, or clichés.
- Chucklesome: someone who has a delightful or infectious laugh, often making others laugh along with them.
- Class-clown: someone who is always making jokes or pulling pranks to entertain others and bring laughter to the group.
- Clown: someone who is naturally funny and loves to entertain others with their antics, often wearing costumes or makeup to enhance their comedic appeal.
- Clownish: someone who is silly or ridiculous in their behavior, often exaggerating their actions or mannerisms for comedic effect.
- Comedian: someone who is a professional entertainer specializing in comedy, often performing stand-up or sketch comedy routines.
- Comic: someone who has a humorous personality or makes others laugh through their jokes or funny stories.
- Comical: someone who has a sense of humor that is enjoyable, light-hearted, and often results in laughter or amusement.
- Confident: someone who is self-assured and has a bold, humorous personality that makes others feel at ease and comfortable.
- Crackpot: someone who is a little bit crazy or eccentric in their behavior, but in a funny way.
- Crazy: someone who has a wild or unpredictable personality that can be both entertaining and humorous.
- Cuckoo: someone who is a little bit crazy or eccentric in their behavior, often resulting in unexpected and humorous situations.
- Dag: an Australian slang word used to describe someone who is funny or humorous in a silly or amusing way.
- Deranged: someone who has an unstable or unpredictable personality that can be both humorous and unsettling.
- Droll: someone who has a dry, witty sense of humor that is both subtle and amusing.
- Eccentric: someone who is unconventional or unusual in their behavior or thinking, often resulting in actions that appear humorous to others.
- Enchanted: someone who has a magnetic personality or a captivating way of speaking or performing that brings joy and delight to others.
- Entertainer: someone who is skilled at entertaining others, often through music, comedy, or other forms of performance.
- Entertaining: enjoyable, amusing, or humorous, often through their wit, personality, or actions.
- Entranced: so engrossed or fascinated by something that they are completely captivated and often display humorous behavior.
- Excited: someone who is full of energy and enthusiasm, often resulting in humorous or amusing behavior.
- Facetious: someone who uses humor in a way that is meant to be amusing or entertaining, but may also be seen as inappropriate or disrespectful.
- Fanatical: highly passionate or enthusiastic about something, often to the point of being amusing.
- Farcical: something that is highly exaggerated or absurd in a way that is meant to be funny or entertaining, often through exaggeration or absurdity.
- Feral: someone who has a wild or untamed personality that can be both entertaining and unpredictable.
- Ferocious: someone who has a fierce or intense personality that can be both intimidating and amusing.
- Fierce: someone who is bold or aggressive in their behavior or thinking, often resulting in humorous situations.
- Fool: someone who is playful, mischievous, or silly in their behavior, often resulting in amusing situations.
- Funny: someone who has a great sense of humor and is always making others laugh with their witty remarks, funny stories, or silly antics.
- Funny-man: a term used to describe someone who is skilled at making others laugh and entertaining them with their humorous personality or performances.
- Funster: someone who is playful, lighthearted, and always looking for ways to have fun and make others laugh.
- Gagger: someone who is skilled at telling jokes or making witty remarks that elicit a strong reaction from their audience, often resulting in laughter.
- Gagster: similar to a gagger, a gagster is someone who is skilled at creating and telling humorous stories, jokes, or pranks that are intended to be entertaining or amusing.
- Gleeful: someone who is happy, cheerful, and full of joy, often resulting in humorous or amusing behavior.
- Good-humored: someone who has a pleasant, cheerful personality and is always in good spirits, even in difficult situations.
- Goofball: someone who is silly, playful, and often clumsy in their behavior.
- Goofy: similar to a goofball, someone who is goofy is lighthearted, playful, and often behaves in a silly or comical way.
- Hilarious: something or someone that is extremely funny or amusing, often resulting in uncontrollable laughter.
- Hoaxer: someone who enjoys playing practical jokes or tricks on others.
- Hoot: something or someone that is very entertaining or amusing.
- Humorous: someone that is funny, witty, or amusing, often through their behavior, personality, or funny remarks.
- Hysterical: someone who is overcome with uncontrollable laughter or emotion, often resulting in humorous or amusing behavior.
- Impressionist: someone who is skilled at imitating or impersonating others, often resulting in entertaining performances.
- Jester: known for their playful, humorous behavior, often in a professional capacity as an entertainer or court jester.
- Joker: someone who is playful, mischievous, and enjoys making others laugh with their jokes and pranks.
- Jokester: similar to a joker, someone who is skilled at making others laugh with their humor and wit.
- Jokey: enjoys making jokes or humorous remarks, often to lighten the mood or create a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Jolly: cheerful, happy, and full of joy, often resulting in fun and amusing behavior.
- Josher: someone who enjoys teasing or joking around with others in a lighthearted, playful way.
- Kidder: similar to a josher, someone who enjoys teasing or joking around with others, often in a good-natured, humorous way.
- Laugh: we might refer to someone as ‘a laugh’ when they are always funny, cheery and amusing. Constantly making people laugh.
- Laughable: so ridiculous or absurd that it is funny or amusing.
- Likeable: someone who has a pleasant, friendly personality that is easy to get along with, often resulting in humorous or amusing situations.
- Lively: energetic, vibrant, and full of life.
- Loon: eccentric, quirky, or strange in their behavior, often resulting in humorous situations.
- Loose: someone who is relaxed, carefree, and often behaves in a humorous or amusing way.
- Loud: boisterous, outspoken, and often makes their presence known through their humor or personality.
- Ludicrous: someone or something that is so ridiculous or absurd that it is comical or humorous.
- Lunatic: someone who is unstable, unpredictable, or eccentric in their behavior, but in the context of a funny (not serious) situation.
- Mad: someone who behaves in a bizarre, unconventional or irrational manner, often resulting in humor or amusement.
- Madcap: someone who is wild, impulsive, and unpredictable, often behaving in a manner that is both amusing and entertaining.
- Merry: someone who is cheerful, jolly, and full of happiness.
- Mirthful: joyful and lighthearted, often with a good sense of humor that results in laughter and amusement.
- Moron: someone who is very foolish or stupid, often behaving in a way that is comical or humorous.
- Nuts: crazy or eccentric, often behaving in a way that is amusing or entertaining.
- Nutty: similar to nuts, someone who is crazy or eccentric in their behavior, often resulting in humorous or entertaining situations.
- Off-the-wall: unconventional or unpredictable in their behavior, so much so that it’s funny.
- Passionate: deeply committed and enthusiastic about something, that it can be entertaining to others.
- Pest: someone who enjoys teasing or annoying others, often in a humorous or playful way.
- Playful: enjoys having fun and being lighthearted in a child-like way.
- Prankster: someone who enjoys playing practical jokes or pranks on others.
- Punster: someone who enjoys making puns or playing with words in a humorous or witty way.
- Quick: clever, sharp-witted, and often able to come up with humorous or amusing remarks on the spot.
- Quiet: someone who is reserved or introverted in nature, but can still be humorous or amusing in their behavior, usually with a dry wit.
- Quipster: similar to a punster, someone who enjoys making clever or witty remarks in a humorous or entertaining way.
- Quirky: someone who is eccentric or unusual in their behavior or personality.
- Rib-tickling: something that is extremely funny, often resulting in uncontrollable laughter.
- Rich: someone who is able to convey humor or comedy through their use of language or actions.
- Riot: something that is wild, chaotic, and entertaining, often resulting in humorous situations.
- Riotous: similar to riot, something that is wild and chaotic, often resulting in uproarious laughter.
- Risible: something that is able to elicit laughter or amusement.
- Satirist: uses satire or irony to mock or criticize society, in a humorous way.
- Savage: brutally honest or straightforward, often resulting in humorous ‘roastings’.
- Scream: extremely funny or amusing, often resulting in screams of laughter.
- Screwball: someone who is unconventional or eccentric in their behavior, often resulting in humor.
- Show-off: someone who enjoys being the center of attention and showing off their skills or abilities, to get a laugh from others.
- Side-splitting: something that is extremely funny or amusing, often resulting in intense laughter that causes your sides to hurt.
- Silly: amusing or entertaining in a lighthearted or frivolous way.
- Slapstick: a type of physical comedy that involves exaggerated physical actions or situations, often resulting in laughter.
- Stand-up: a type of comedy performance where a comedian delivers jokes or humorous anecdotes to a live audience.
- Stooge: someone who acts as a partner or assistant to a comedian, often playing the role of the straight man or providing comic relief.
- Tragic: something that is extremely bad that it can also be so absurd or ironic that it becomes humorous or entertaining.
- Trickster: someone who enjoys playing tricks or practical jokes on others.
- Unpredictable: someone or something that is difficult to anticipate or control, with sometimes amusing outcomes.
- Uproarious: something that is extremely funny or amusing, often resulting in loud laughter.
- Wacky: something or someone who is unconventional, bizarre, or absurd in a humorous or entertaining way.
- Wag: similar to a quipster, someone who enjoys making clever or witty remarks in a humorous or entertaining way.
- Waggish: someone who is humorous or amusing in a playful or mischievous way.
- Weird: something or someone who is unusual or bizarre, often resulting in humor or amusement.
- Whimsical: something or someone who is fanciful, playful, or imaginative in a humorous or entertaining way.
- Wild: something or someone who is unrestrained or uninhibited, often resulting in humorous or entertaining situations.
- Wise-cracker: someone who enjoys making clever or humorous remarks in a quick-witted or sarcastic way.
- Witty: makes clever or amusing remarks or jokes.
- Woo-woo: someone who is eccentric or unconventional in their beliefs or behavior, which can result in funny situations or ideas.
- Zany: absurd or comical in an entertaining or humorous way.
- Zesty: lively, energetic, or full of enthusiasm, often resulting in humor or entertainment.
Funny adjectives can turn an ordinary sentence into a whimsical delight.
These words, often characterized by their quirky sounds and unexpected meanings, add a dash of humor to descriptions.
From ‘flabbergasted’ flamingos to ‘loopy’ lemons, the power of amusing adjectives is undeniable in making language more colorful and conversations more memorable 🙂
Funny Describing Words
One of the things that makes someone funny is their ability to laugh at themselves.
This trait also helps them see humor in other people’s actions or words, which can make others feel more comfortable around them.
That’s why it’s important to find something about yourself you enjoy and use this as a way to connect with your friends and family members who share these interests.
The words we use can make such a huge difference to our mindset. If you’re looking for some more positive words and inspiring thoughts, then check out these related posts:
- 68+ Short Funny Quotes and Sayings
- 28 Short Funny Quotes About Friends
- 25 Funny Philosophical Quotes
- Funny Happy Quotes: For An Easy Laugh
- 50+ Cool Quotes & Sayings – Clever & Funny
- 240+ Words To Describe Your Personality
- 160+ Words To Describe A Friend
- Fun Words To Say More Often (Just Because)
- Silly Words For A Bit of Fun (With Definitions)