This collection of the best step daughter quotes and sayings are a great way to put into words how you feel about a dear stepdaughter.
Because having a step-daughter is a true blessing. Yes, depending on family situations, different opinions and temperaments, there can be a period of adjustment, however a bonus daughter is simply a treasured addition to any step mom or step dad’s life. On meeting a new partner it can initially be quite a challenge to find a place in your heart for a little girl or a bright young woman – one who already has a real mother. And not all children are happy to have a bonus mom or bonus dad around. However, this collection of quotes all focus on the love that blossoms, despite the initial challenges.
Best Step Daughter Quotes
You don’t have to be the biological parent to create a special bond with your daughter. The most important part is to develop a wonderful relationship and work on providing a happy family life together.
“I don’t have a step daughter. I have a daughter that was born before I met her.” Lani Lynn Vale
“There were times when…I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” Taylor Swift
“The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life the stronger the daughter.” Anita Diamant
“Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” Oprah Winfrey
“A daughter is God’s way of saying, ‘thought you could use a lifelong friend.’” Unknown
“Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.” Leigh Anne Tuohy
“One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten is my daughter.” Ace Frehley
“Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.” Dave Willis
“Each day I give thanks for you and appreciate all that you do.” Catherine Pulsifer
“Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” Winnie the Pooh
“My mother shed her protective love down around me and without knowing why people sensed that I had value.” Maya Angelou
“What sunshine is to flowers, and tides are to the sea, is nowhere as important you’re being in my life is to me.” C. Stellar
“To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” Euripides
“Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” Clementine Paddleford
“Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” Robert A. Heinlein
“A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.” Robert Brault
“She’s my best friend — she’s everything to me. It’s always just been me and her against the world.” Jacquelyn Middleton
“Thank you for being the answer to the prayer I hadn’t realized I asked for.” Marisa Donnelly
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” Richard Bach
“You are the woman who came into my life unexpectedly, whose presence kissed my soul.” Marisa Donnelly
Step Daughter Sayings – For Messages On A Special Day
If you’re wanting to express your feelings on a special occasion such as a wedding day, a birthday or any other life experience, then these short sayings can help express a step-parent’s love:
- You’re the greatest bonus I’ve ever received.
- You feel just like my own daughter, I treat you like my own and I will never let you down.
- I can honestly say that if I got to choose a daughter, I would choose you in a second. 100%. No questions asked.
- You’re perfect as you are.
- I thank my lucky stars every single day that I have you in my life.
- I’m so honored to be in your life.
- I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect daughter and friend.
- I take my role in your life extremely seriously and only want the very best for you.
- I’m eternally grateful to be a part of your life.
- You have given me the most wonderful gift.
- I am one proud parent!
- To our beautiful daughter on this special day, we couldn’t be more proud of you.
- I always have your best interest at heart.
- Happy birthday step daughter – except I don’t need a step, because I’ve loved you all along. Have a wonderful time today!
- You have held a special place in my heart from the very first day I met you.
- Yes, there have been tough times and good times and everything in between, but that’s what makes a real parent!
- Thank you for making me part of your family.
- I tell anyone who will listen, what a lovely stepdaughter I have!
- Best wishes today! You are such an important person to me and I’m one of the most proud stepmoms around!
- I’m incredibly proud of the young lady you have become and it’s such an honor to have been on this journey alongside you.
At the end of the day, step children are a beautiful blessing, I hope that some of the above words inspire you to communicate the good things about your relationship.
For more inspiring and positive quotes and sayings, be sure to check out: