Being ignored is never a good feeling.
But reading funny, sarcastic quotes about being ignored can allow us to express our feelings in a humorous manner.
They can provide catharsis and offer solidarity to those with similar experiences.
Here is a list of sarcastic quotes that poke fun, and lighten the mood, in which otherwise can feel pretty horrible.
These quotes range from the feelings of invisibility, and indifference, to finding strength in being overlooked.
Quotes About Being Ignored
- “The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.” — Elie Wiesel
- “The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you’re not worth the truth.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
- “Being ignored is a great privilege. That is how I think I learned to see what others do not see and to react to situations differently. I simply looked at the world, not really prepared for anything.” — Saul Leiter
- “I grew up like a neglected weed – ignorant of liberty, having no experience of it.” — Harriet Tubman
- “Laugh, and the world laughs with you; snore, and you sleep alone.” — Anthony Burgess
- “If you’re being ignored, that’s a good time to concentrate on finding yourself and creating your own mystery.” — Lykke Li
- “Feel proud when people ignore you and thank God you missed the worst.” — Sanjiv Dogra
- “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” — J.K. Rowling
- “Being taken for granted can be a compliment. It means you’ve become a comfortable, trusted element in another person’s life.” — Joyce Brothers
- “The best thing about being ignored is that you can speak the truth with impunity.” — Steve Aylett
Quotes That Make Light Of Being Ignored
“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” — Oscar Wilde
“I feel so miserable without you, it’s almost like having you here.” — Stephen Bishop
“I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” — Fred Allen
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” — Oscar Wilde
“I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” — Coco Chanel
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” — Winston Churchill
“I am not young enough to know everything.” — Oscar Wilde
“I never forget a face, but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.” — Groucho Marx
“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.” — Winston Churchill
“The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” – Mark Twain
“A busy calendar and a busy mind will destroy your ability to do great things in this world.” – Naval Ravikant
“It’s so funny how ‘friends’ forget us when they don’t need any more favors.” – Unknown
“I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” – Robin Williams
“When your’re nothing, people will ignore you but when you’re on top that’s when everybody swear they know you.” – Lincey Alphonse
“When you stop talking to me, stop talking about me too.” – Unknown
“I don’t like being ignored, and I don’t like being forgotten.” – Kreayshawn
More than just witty retorts; they are a multifaceted tool that individuals use to navigate the complexities of social interactions.
These quotes can validate personal feelings, challenge dismissive behaviors, and foster a shared understanding among those who feel sidelined.
You may also like: