Here is a list of funny words that all have six letters.
They can be considered funny because of the way they sound, the whimsical imagery they evoke, or their definition. Maybe a combination of each.
Many of these words possess phonetic qualities, playful rhythms, or unexpected combinations of letters that tickle the ear.
Funny 6 Letter Words List
- Bamboo – A type of tall, flexible grass that is used for building and crafting.
- Blabber – To talk excessively without making much sense.
- Boogle – A variant of “boggle”, meaning to overwhelm or astonish.
- Bumble – To act or speak clumsily.
- Chortl – Short for “chortle”, which means to laugh heartily.
- Chuckle – To laugh quietly.
- Clatter – A continuous rattling sound.
- Dabble – To immerse partially and briefly.
- Dingle – A deep, wooded valley or dell.
- Droplet – A tiny drop of liquid.
- Flimfl – Short for “flimflam”, a petty deception or trickery.
- Froth – A mass of small bubbles in liquid.
- Fuddle – To confuse or befuddle.
- Giggle – A light, silly laugh.
- Gobble – The characteristic sound made by a turkey; also means to eat something quickly.
- Gurgle – A bubbly, liquid-like sound.
- Hiccup – An involuntary spasm of the diaphragm producing a sudden breath intake with a closure of the glottis.
- Hobnob – To socialize or talk informally, often with people of higher social status.
- Ineptly – In a manner showing no skill or competence.
- Jibber – To talk rapidly and incoherently; gibberish.
- Jumble – To mix in a confused way.
- Kludge – A clumsy solution or fix, especially in computing.
- Knickkn – Short for “knickknack”, a small decorative ornament or trinket.
- Loblop – A made-up word that sounds humorous but doesn’t have a standard definition.
- Lollap – A variant of “lollipop”, a sugary candy on a stick.
- Muddle – To bring into a disordered or confusing state.
- Muffin – A small baked good that is somewhere between a bread and a cake.
- Mumble – To speak in a low and unclear tone, making it hard for others to understand.
- Noddle – An old term for the head or noggin.
- Nuzzle – To push gently or nudge, especially with the nose or snout.
- Oodles – A very great number or amount of something.
- Piffle – Nonsense or trivial talk.
- Puddle – A small pool of liquid, especially rainwater.
- Quibble – A slight objection or criticism; to argue over petty matters.
- Quokka – A small wallaby found in Australia, known for its friendly nature and “smiling” face.
- Rabble – A disorderly crowd or mob.
- Riffraff – Disreputable persons; rabble.
- Snicker – A smothered or half-suppressed laugh.
- Squawk – A loud, harsh noise, like that of a bird.
- Tinker – To attempt to repair or improve something in a casual or desultory way.
- Tittle – A tiny amount or part; also, the dot over the letters ‘i’ and ‘j’.
- Unplug – To disconnect an electrical device by pulling its plug out.
- Uppity – Acting snobbish or superior.
- Vexing – Annoying or frustrating.
- Waddle – To walk with short steps, swaying from side to side.
- Xebec – A small three-masted Mediterranean ship.
- Yaffle – An old term meaning to eat or drink noisily.
- Zigzag – A pattern made up of small corners at variable angles.
- Zoodle – A noodle made from zucchini.
For more fun and interesting six letter words, you may also like: