Motivational Text Messages
If you have a friend or loved one that needs support and encouragement right now, then sending a motivational text message is a great way to let them know you care.
As most of us aren’t too far from our phones these days, a text message can be sent and received instantly and is often less intrusive than a phone call during a time of stress.
But what should you write?
Here’s a great list of what to include in order to provide support, encouragement and motivate your friend or loved one.
If you want some examples of motivational text messages, then scroll down 😊
How Do You Send A Motivational Message?
Consider Your Audience
Firstly, think about what you would want to hear if you were going through the same situation. Think about times that you have received a motivating message from others – what specifically made you feel motivated?
It’s also very important to consider your friend, the receiver of this message. Does their personality allow for some slight humor, should you keep it formal or is a phone call more suitable in this situation?
Acknowledge The Situation
While your text message in itself shows acknowledgement, it is sometimes fitting to acknowledge that you know they are currently in ‘the thick’ of it right now. For example;
- “Hi, I know you’re super busy with X,Y,Z right now….”
- “Hey, from memory your exam is coming up…”
- “Mate, I was so inspired to hear of your plans last week…..”
- “Hi, with the anniversary this week…”
- “Hi, I know you’re walking through mud right now….”
Let Them Know You’re Thinking of Them
Simply adding on from the above examples, it is encouraging to others to know that they are in your thoughts at this time. It makes people feel less alone. You could add:
- “I just wanted to know you’re in my thoughts..”
- “I’m thinking of you…”
- “Thinking of you and the family…”
- “I’m thinking of you guys…”
- “I remembered that time….”
Remind Them That You Believe in Them
We all like to know that others believe in us to overcome a difficult time or to achieve a really big goal. Depending on your type of relationship, a few examples of how you could express this in a motivating way could be:
- “I know you’ve got this…”
- “I know you’re prepared….”
- “I believe in you…”
- “I 100% believe you’ve got this covered….”
- “You’ve overcome this before….”
- “You’re the strongest person I know…”
Whether your friends are going through a minor tough time or a full-blown disaster right now, as a friend we always want to offer help where we can. While there are a multitude of ways to help from making meals, offering your time, money, connections, expertise etc, sometimes simply your time and a listening ear is best:
- “Please let me know if there is anything I can help with, I know you really like my lasagne/babysitting skills/math expertise/(insert your specialty) which is available to you at short notice….”
- “Let me know what I can do….”
- “I know you won’t ask, but I can…..”
- “I’m dropping x,y,z at your doorstep this afternoon…”
- “I’ve texted instead of calling as I didn’t want to disturb you, but I will pick up the phone in an instant if you’d rather talk…”
- “Just text me back with what you need…..”
When writing a motivating text message, after you’ve acknowledged the issue and that you’re thinking of them, let them know that you believe in them and you’ve offered help, it’s always best to leave the message with a great way of looking to the future, to a ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ in a way. It shows positivity and that they’re not alone, for example:
- “I look forward to celebrating with you once you’re finished your exams…”
- “Can’t wait to give you big hug….”
- “I look forward to hearing how you smashed your targets…”
- “I’m booking in (your favorite pastime together) when you’re free next…”
- “I’m free whenever you are….”
Motivational Text Messages – Examples
I just want you to know that I’m thinking of you today (and always 😊). I know it must feel stressful right now, but you’ve worked hard for this – I 100% believe you’ve got this in the bag! You should be so proud of yourself. Can’t wait to celebrate with you this weekend.
Urgh I know it’s a crappy time for you right now, I wish I could wave a magic wand for you. You’re constantly in my thoughts and I’ve got your back, now and forever. Keep going strong.
I was thinking about our conversation last week – how you didn’t think you were strong enough. I realized it’s not true and I wanted to remind you of the evidence that it ISN’T true! 1) Remember that time in high school when you ……..2) Remember that time you told your boss…..3) Remember that time…Long story short, you’ve done far harder things before, so why not now? I believe in you and will support you anyway I can, want to brainstorm together this weekend?
Hey Bert, I know it didn’t go the way you’d wanted, but it just means the right opportunity is still on it’s way to you. You’re the smarted guy I know. Ernie.
This moment right now must feel tough but you’ve already done the hardest part. Keep going and before you know it you will look book and be astounded with how far you’ve come. I’m so proud of you, but most importantly you should be so very proud of yourself!
Hey, I’ve seen how hard you’ve worked for this. Nobody is more deserving. Stand proud tomorrow and get it done. P.s surprise celebrations start at 4pm 😊
We’ve all been blown away by your dedication and hard work these last few years. You’ve come so far and you’re a true inspiration to all of us around you. You’ve got this.
You’re my role model. You inspire me and the entire family on the daily.
Hey buddy, I heard the news. Sorry to hear you’re going through this setback. I believe in you 100% and know you will overcome this like you’ve done before. I’m around for a catch up whenever you need.
I believe in you.
I’ve stood next to you, behind you and in front of you – and I will continue to do it whenever you need me. Just say the word.
If you’re looking for more uplifting and encouraging words to share, then check out the following posts:
- Keep Going Quotes: For An Extra Boost (& A Little Humor)
- Words of Encouragement to a Friend Feeling Down
- Encouraging Words List; 200+ Single Words That Can Provide Support & Hope
- 16 Quotes To Help Keep The Focus on Your Goal
- You Got This! 38 Inspiring Quotes To Remind You
- 46 Quotes About Holding Space For Someone