The short but deep quotes are all meaningful and thought-provoking.
These deep quotes all touch on the truly meaningful aspects of life, love and happiness.
What are some really deep quotes?
The deepest quotes are those that encourage us to think differently to how we currently believe and to question what we think we know about life.
We’ve kept this list short at 20 of the best famous deep quotes – so take the time to sit and contemplate them and you will be glad you did.
Short Deep Quotes
- “Everything you can imagine is real.” Pablo Picasso
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
- “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” Rumi
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” Maya Angelou
- “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” Seneca
- “The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.” Rumi
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” Lao Tzu
- “Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.” Voltaire
- “We do not remember days, we remember moments.” Cesare Pavese
- “Your mind can be either your prison or your palace. What you make it is yours to decide.” Bernard Kelvin Clive
- “He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.” Lao Tzu
- “Every strength is also a weakness. The opposite is true as well.” Neil Strauss
- “A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” Mark Twain
- “People do not lack strength; they lack will.” Victor Hugo
- “A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed.” Henrik Ibsen
- “You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.” Buddha
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
- “Time is a created thing. To say, “I don’t have time”, is like saying, “I don’t want to.” Lao Tzu
- “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” Martin Luther
Interested in even more deep quotes and inspiring words? Check out the following:
- Deep Love Quotes To Express How You Truly Feel
- 65 Short Philosophical Quotes and Sayings In A Modern World
- 45 Inspiring Quotes About Light and Dark: Important Reminders
- 30 Of The Best Quotes About Celebrating In Life
- 21 Buddha Quotes About Happiness
- Short Famous Quotes About Life: and other important stuff
- Very Short Quotes about Life and Inspiration