Mother’s Day is a special holiday to honor and appreciate mothers and all the mothering figures in our lives.
It’s a day to show love and gratitude to the woman who gave birth to us, raised us, and cared for us.
People usually celebrate Mother’s Day by giving their mothers gifts, cards, or spending time with them.
It’s a way to express our thankfulness and love for all the hard work and sacrifices that our mothers have made for us over the years.
Best Quotes For Mother’s Day
“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” Maya Angelou
“A mother understands what a child does not say.” Jewish proverb
“Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” Susan Gale
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” Washington Irving
“My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. ” Jodi Picoult
“Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.” Sophocles
“Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” William Makepeace Thackeray
“But kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” Barbara Kingsolver
“Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” Robert Browning
“The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” James E. Faust
“No man is poor who has a Godly mother.” Abraham Lincoln
“There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” Elder M. Russell Ballard
“Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” Unknown
“In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.” N.K. Jemisin
“Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” Maxim Grosky
“A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” Princess Diana
“Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” Robert A. Heinlein
“All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” Abraham Lincoln
“A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” Amy Tan
“I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day.” Mitch Albom
“Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” Gilda Radner
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
“It’s not easy being a mom. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” Betty White
“I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” Phyllis Diller
“I hate it when I’m waiting for mom to cook dinner, then I remember that I am the mom.” Unknown
“A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” Tenneva Jordan
“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” Calvin Trillin
“The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.” Lane Olinghouse
Mother’s Day Messages
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! You are my rock, my confidant, and my best friend. I love you more than words can express.
- To the most amazing mom in the world, thank you for all the sacrifices you’ve made and for being there for me always. I’m so grateful to have you in my life.
- Mom, you are the glue that holds our family together. Your love and support have been unwavering, and I can’t thank you enough for all that you do.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who taught me how to be strong, kind, and compassionate. I hope I can be half the mother you are one day.
- Mom, you are my inspiration and my role model. Thank you for showing me what it means to be a great mother and an amazing person.
- I don’t say it enough, but I love you, Mom. You are the reason I am who I am today, and I will always be grateful for your guidance and wisdom.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the most beautiful, caring, and loving mom in the world. You make our lives brighter and our hearts fuller.
- Mom, you are my sunshine on a cloudy day, my strength when I feel weak, and my guiding light in the dark. I love you to the moon and back.
- Thank you, Mom, for always being my biggest supporter and my loudest cheerleader. You make me feel like I can conquer the world.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who has always been there for me, no matter what. I am so lucky to have you as my mom.
For more family quotes, check out: