Calming affirmations are statements designed to help reduce stress and anxiety.
They can induce a state of peace, tranquility, and relaxation. These affirmations focus on cultivating a mindset of peace and calm, and they can assist in grounding your thoughts when you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or anxious.
The idea behind affirmations is that by changing your thinking, it is possible to control your feelings and emotions, your behavior, your reactions, and even your overall mental well-being. As such, affirmations can be a useful tool in managing mental health, including stress, anxiety, and depression, as well as helping to promote general mental well-being.
Here is how to use them:
- Choose a few affirmations that resonate with you, personally.
- Write them down, and repeat them to yourself regularly, or at times you are feeling in need of calming.
- Some people like to meditate on their affirmations. This involves sitting quietly with your eyes closed, breathing deeply, and mentally or aloud repeating your affirmations.
- Whenever you’re feeling particularly stressed or anxious, repeat your calming affirmations.
Below is a list of affirmations to give you ideas and inspiration on what calming statements or mantras will work best for you.
- I am calm and centered.
- My mind is at peace.
- I am safe, and all is well.
- I choose peace over worry.
- I have the power to calm my mind.
- I breathe in tranquility and breathe out tension.
- I let go of thoughts that do not serve me.
- I am grounded in the experience of the present moment.
- I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones.
- I am patient and understanding.
- Peace and serenity are within my heart.
- I trust in the process of life.
- I am in harmony with the universe.
- I radiate love and happiness.
- My body is relaxed and at ease.
- I attract positive energy into my life.
- I forgive myself and set myself free.
- I have the power to control my reactions to the challenges I will face.
- Every breath I take fills me with light and peace.
- I am surrounded by love and everything is fine.
- I am grateful for this moment, which brings me closer to my true self.
- I feel harmony in my head, my heart, and my soul.
- I flow easily with new experiences, new challenges, and new people who enter my life.
- My environment is a sanctuary of peace.
- I let go of fear and embrace love.
- I trust my intuition and always make wise decisions.
- I am becoming more at ease with myself every day.
- Peace starts with me.
- I fill my mind with positive and nourishing thoughts.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
- I am kind to myself and others.
- I am at peace with my past, I live in the present and look forward to the future.
- I let go of all negativity that rests in my body and mind.
- I am mindful and present in every moment.
- I am centered, peaceful, and grounded.
- I am open to all the positivity that surrounds me.
- I can quiet my mind and my thoughts whenever I want.
- I am responsible for my own happiness.
- I am always headed in the right direction.
- Every day in every way, I am becoming more peaceful.
- I am thankful for the beauty and peace that surrounds me.
- I choose to respond to situations with love and understanding.
- I have everything I need to face any obstacles.
- I let go of all that no longer serves me.
- I am patient, diplomatic and composed.
- I am free from unnecessary stress.
- I am in control of my thoughts, feelings, and choices.
- I allow myself to be still and relax.
- I am flexible and open to change in every aspect of my life.
- I give myself permission to rest and replenish.
I hope these affirmations will help you find calm and tranquility whenever you need it.
Remember, the more you use them, the more effective they become. It’s all about training your mind to embrace these positive thoughts.
For more affirmation ideas, check out: