Declutter Challenge: A Non-Overwhelming Way to Make Real Progress!
A non-overwhelming declutter challenge to declutter your entire home!
I recently wrote about how to declutter your home fast.
It stemmed from my frustration with wanting to clear all the clutter around my home - but feeling totally overwhelmed with such an ominous task.
So overwhelmed in fact, that nothing was happening at all, and the clutter just kept creeping!
Turns out, that it’s a common problem in most homes.
I needed to see progress on my decluttering efforts…some quick wins.
And by sorting each section of the home into 4 categories, it definitely makes the task of decluttering much faster:
If you would like to download a copy of the above decluttering category labels, you can get them here.
But I also needed a blueprint or some sort of plan to attack the clutter throughout the entire house.
One that would be a lot more inspiring that a boring to-do list of household tasks, and one that I could use with flexibility…because, well…small children!
So I created a little challenge.
A decluttering challenge that simply laid out all the separate areas to declutter the entire house.
Benefits of the Declutter Challenge
It focuses on progress, not perfection and has been the least overwhelming way I’ve found that actually works to remove the clutter!
Some decluttering tasks may take 15 minutes, and some may take 2 hours, so go in any order you want, crossing it off as you go.
There are blank spaces to add the unique areas of your home that require decluttering (I ended up splitting the task of decluttering the bathrooms and the linen up a bit more due to time constraints).
Get your copy of the Declutter Challenge below:
You can complete it in order - for example, you could aim to get all the kitchen decluttered over a week....
Or you could attack certain areas based on your available time.
Go as fast or as slow as you want or need to. You might set a goal to declutter your house in 30 days, or you may be happy to purge your house once a month.
Either way, you will still be making progress on decluttering your entire home!
Declutter Your Entire Home Challenge
- 1Kitchen: Tupperware & plastics
- 2Kitchen: Pantry
- 3Kitchen: Fridge
- 4Kitchen: Freezer
- 5Kitchen: Baking supplies & spices
- 6Kitchen: Pots, pans, trays and occasional dishes (casserole, platters etc)
- 7Kitchen: Cups, bowls, plates and utensils
- 8Bathroom: Make-up and nail polishes
- 9Bathroom: Hair Supplies
- 10Bathroom: Toiletries
- 11Bedside tables
- 13Underwear, active wear and swimwear
- 14Purses, wallets and bags
- 15Accessories, hats and jewelry
- 17Linen Closet
- 18First Aid Supplies
- 19Laundry and cleaning supplies
- 20Books, magazines, CDs and DVDs
- 21Junk Drawer
- 23Birthday cards & gift wrap
- 24Wallet & purse
- 25Kids: Toys
- 26Kids: Games, puzzles & movies
- 27Kids: Bedrooms
- 28Digital: Clean up your phone, clean up apps and back-up photos
- 29Digital: Clean up your emails - sort, archive and unsubscribe
- 30Digital: Photos & Files - organize your files so they're easy to find
- 31Paperwork - sort and shred